Saturday, June 18, 2011

postheadericon Why I do What I do

Yesterday, I painted all day in Kingsburg at the home of a wonderful young couple.  He had purchased a gift certificate for his wife for their anniversary to go towards a day of my time.    She wanted to paint their kitchen cabinets, but needed a little boost to get going.  He took the two small kids for the weekend and yesterday morning she and I got to work....and work we did - 9 hours straight, but talked, and laughed, and had a great time.  I made sure she knew all the steps of what she needed to do before I left and we got a good chunk of it done, so she was well on her way.  When it came time for me to leave, she teared up and said how much this meant to her; that with all she has on her plate now, family, small children, school, etc., she rarely did anything for her.  She had wanted to do this for so long and she was so excited it was getting done now.  This is why I do what I do - to be able to help people make their surroundings, their homes, their lives a little more of how they want it to be, more colorful, more beautiful, help them discover their inner creativity - I consider this such a blessing and I left feeling like I had done a good day's work and I wouldn't want to do anything else but this!!!  So today, no pictures, no before and afters, (although I can't wait to see her after photos) - just a small story of how the little things in life can make such a huge difference.  Enjoy your day with all that it brings.    Back to the studio I go - Vicki

0 comments:

RSSFACEBOOKTWITTER
My photo
Clovis, CA, United States
Decorative paint educator and owner of Old Town Clovis newest DIY shop - repurpose - quality handmade - repainted furniture and so much more - located on the corner of Pollasky and 5th in Old Town Clovis, CA I have loved repainting furniture and repurposing since I can remember, I was a painting contractor for over 15 years and now I love to teach others how to enhance their world with paint, color and design.
Powered by Blogger.