Thursday, March 28, 2013
1:59 PM | Edit Post
Oh my, oh my, oh my....where has the time gone? So much has happened since I wrote last...I actually have been keeping my Facebook page pretty up to date, but I sorely have been lacking in the blogging department...somedays it is eat and sleep or blog...so where to begin?
I will give you the bullet points and then as I can, I will embellish...
1) We moved! We are now in the best retail spot in Old Town Clovis, CA! right on the corner of 5th and Pollasky. Come visit.
2) We are the area Stockists for Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint by Annie Sloan - awesome, awesome wonderfulness - paint anything - seriously!! I might have mentioned that before, but just in case I didn't....we continue to be thrilled and excited beyond our expectations about this wonderful company and product!
a) should mention that Annie Sloan is NOT just about paint either...we are expecting her latest book in the shop tomorrow - so gets yours quick! And Annie Sloan fabric - yes, we have that as well! Annie is about changing your home to make it uniquely yours!
3) We are the area retailers for Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint....chippy goodness in every container! Working on some new projects to put out at the shop! Great fresh colors and tons of fun - you just don't really know what to expect!
4) We are showcasing new artists in the area - artisans who have wonderful varied talents, and not to be found elsewhere around in this area! I love unusual, and unique, and quality! I will blog about them as we go along.
When you walk into our shop, our goal is to inspire you to create, give you the tools to do so to include products, embellishment products and workshops to teach you and give you that little extra push you might need to get going.
Come and visit soon! - and now to this morning's quick little project.
I ordered a pair of lavender lace Toms through the mail. When I got them, they were the wrong shade of purple...what to do? Paint them! Paint them you say? Why, yes, using Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint by Annie Sloan....I did say you could paint anything, and this not being the first time I have painted my Tom's I took the paint brush to them. In about 10 minutes - Presto! Change-O! The perfect shade of aubergine....now I have a new pair of Toms I can wear. Will it last you say? Yes! I have another painted pair of Toms at home and I have washed them in the washing machine over 8 times - still as good as new...well, one toe area is a little threadbare but the paint is stuck like glue!
So drum roll.....pictures please!
Before - nice, but not the right shade
After - just the right shade and I will be sporting these at the Annie Sloan Conference in New Orleans next week! Woohoo!
How much paint? About a teaspoon full! How long did it take? About 10 minutes! Now go look in your closet and see what old shoes you can give new life to!
- Vicki Shoemaker
- Clovis, CA, United States
- Decorative paint educator and owner of Old Town Clovis newest DIY shop - repurpose - quality handmade - repainted furniture and so much more - located on the corner of Pollasky and 5th in Old Town Clovis, CA I have loved repainting furniture and repurposing since I can remember, I was a painting contractor for over 15 years and now I love to teach others how to enhance their world with paint, color and design.
Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2012 (12)